Sunday, June 3, 2012

Regaining My Bearings

It's been so long of a break that it's taking a while to adapt back to playing. As such, I'm focusing less on the power-leveling I normally strive for, and just doing random things until it all comes naturally again.


Breaking Quests - For one thing, I've been playing around with breaking gear. I'm still on trying to break all the great swords as well as only on the steel set for the gear breaking quests. Thus far, the steel plate broke yesterday. Still got the rest of the steel to go though.


Alchemy/Potion for Magic for Summoning - I wasn't really touching summoning, not in quite a long time. However, something that would get me touching several skills for one project would be to do a level's worth of bear summoning stones.

To that end, I've:
1- Mixed enough life essences and SRs for the needed number of bear stones.
2- Mixed essences to do both mana drain and radiation shield spells.
3- Used those to collect bear furs, with some magic training in the process.(*)

And now the wait... my astro is bad as of this writing, so I won't do any mixing other than alch and pot where my levels are so high that astro doesn't matter. Once better, it'll be hitting the gypsum to finally mix the stones themselves. I don't intend to continue a focus on summoning, just getting one level while I get back up to speed with the game.

(*) - Magic training on grizzly bears - I hit a spawn, use a radiation shield (30 mana), mana drain the bear (30 mana) and kill it, repeat. I get furs and between the two spells, 486 magic exp per bear. I've mentioned this method many moons ago in this blog as an alternative for those who don't pk or pvp such as myself.

In this case, I did this 150 times for 150 furs.

Other things done since last post have included stocking random harvestables that I know I'll need later, making a personal stock of HEs and SRs, and other minor things. But primarily, keeping my storage window open to study what all I have, as there's a lot to dig through, and that in turn will lead to what I do next.

Current plans: Do the bear stones, which will mean many gypsum runs. And work on getting some gc, which is kinda low. I'm considering a possible S2E project, as it's been a long time since I bought a nexus, but I wanna get my gc up before that.

IWannaRock - My bot expired just as I went off in December. Within the next month or two I hope to bring him back. Meanwhile, he's off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.