Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Point Is Defense



My point is defense... and no, I don't mean I've been leveling my defense. ;-)

Priority seems to have taken a sudden change since the last update.

God Change - Having determined I could do some really heavy leveling in it now, I chose to drop the Potion goddess and take up the Engineering god again. And did so.

Current gods now: Alchemy, Manufacturing, Engineering

Massive Engineering Leveling

The method: Mixing Energy Essence in the Bethel Feros cave. Heavily stocked tiger lilly in Naralik first. Using the iron and silver in the cave, mix 550 per trip. Repeat.

For bone powders, I've been trying to hit the PWs daily. On a full run, mixing bone powders while waiting for them to respawn, I can get about 650 bone powders or so per trip. And well, the normal 10-12 S2Es and collection of AEs is nice, too, heh. Oh yeah, and the gc. Can't forget that.

Together, they make Point Defense.

As such, I've been stocking up, and mixing those in the Eng school on both Eng days and School days.

It's paid off as seen below. I started off with a huge number of critical fails, but even still it was the cheapest and quickest method to leveling, the ing loss not bothering me so much since, well, as shown above it wasn't costing me much but a little extra time.

The Plan: Continue these through level 80. Around then I'll start testing Failure Predictors, though I expect the "fails" will have me continuing Point Defense up to level 90.

Engineering is expected to be my 6th 100+ skill at this rate.


Achievements: And I got the "Medium Level Killer - Rank 1" achievement from spending all that time kicking PWs (with gargs and skeles on the side when I felt like it).


Other Projects: So much I wanna do, but since it all takes time, just working on them as I can.

1- S2Es - Besides from the PWs I've been kicking, I'm working on collecting ings to mix them myself as well. I need several Nexus to be a true all-rounder that has the ability to do everything. Specifically, I'll need two more artificial nexus to have the ability to finish the Engineering tutorial (to mix the Night Visor). My aim is to buy those through hydro projects. I'm currently halfway to buying my next nexus.

2- Essies and Potions stock - I plan to have a stock of (almost) all essies and potions for an "Ing Exchange" I'll be setting up... I'll provide finished product for ings + food. Common and less common essies and potions will be available for that. Only a few will be left out for specific reasons... Spirit Essence for example is much cheaper to buy from the magic shops than to get the ings for.

This means mixing anywhere from 2k up to 20k of each planned essence, the number determined by their demand.

If this works with essies and pots, I may expand it to include bars, as well as manu and eng items.


And of course, I gotta do some stuff to keep up the gc to afford to burn stuff off at schools, so gotta take time for earning that as well.


At any rate, here's the levels since the last post, in order...

Ranging - Haven't focused on but took some time on a ranging day to finish off a level.


You advanced to level 48 of ranging!


Ranging 48

After which, the first wave of Eng-mania started. A school day resulted in:


You advanced to level 67 of engineering!


Eng 67

You advanced to level 68 of engineering!


Eng 68

You advanced to level 69 of engineering!


Eng 69


3 Eng levels, and the school day wasn't over. I wanted to take advantage of the final hour, so rushed over to Glacmor to do something I hadn't paid any attention to in quite a while... Crafting.

I didn't have enough sapphires to do the normal polished saps in the school. However I did have plenty of emeralds, so did as many saps as I had and switched to emeralds for the final two trips to the school.


You advanced to level 70 of crafting!


Craft 70

It would be several more days before I'd be leveling again. Doing the usual dailies, restocking Point Defense ings in Bethel feros cave and hitting PWs...

Then an Engineering day came. I was ready. I'd also stocked some ings in a hidden-away hyperbag for 800 H/D indicators, and did those first.


You advanced to level 70 of engineering!


[No image to keep the location undisclosed. Not that there's anything there now.]


You advanced to level 71 of engineering!


Eng 71

You advanced to level 72 of engineering!


Eng 72

You advanced to level 73 of engineering!


Eng 73

And that's just the way my Eng levels roll. ;-)

Well, those last 4 levels also included getting the Eng tutorial started. Did everything on it from start up to just before magic arrows, the first item to require a rare ingredient. I need to stockpile my rare ings before I can continue it.


Oh yeah, it's not all mixing. Still get dailies done, and do the occasional Lenny/Joker combo hunt...


Leonard Dieded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.