Saturday, December 28, 2013

Got My First Real Armor Master, the Summon of 69

...Seriously stretching that old Bryan Adams tune there...

Breaking the Armor


Well, it takes a while, but the armor breaking quests can be done without any use of PVP/brod. Helms can be annoying if used to always wearing CoL. But I can handle up to MCWs without one. (I currently train on Frost Trolls when I do rare training. Those need a CoL... which sucks since they're good at breaking stuff.)

Primary breakers have been Phantom Warriors, Forest Chims, and Mountain Chims. Though I've had a few items break on random critters like a falcon.

Having noted what was breaking things the most, with those three specific creatures in mind, Ruins of Tirnym became a place to go. When on red astro, I'd go there wearing break-needed armor and a break-needed weapon. PWs I'd do without a weapon, giving them more chance to break the armor, while the chims would be done with weapon to give the weapons a break chance. (Only 1 weapon left on the first weapon break quest.)

Tit Helm was the last piece to break, and it took a while to break it. But it did finally happen.



Armor Perk





Under Attack


Training is again rare these days, but the dailies continue. So a/d levels do come, just very slowly.




You advanced to level 136 of attack!


Attack 136


The Summon of 69


Taking full advantage of at least 2 of the gods I recently switched to of all 3.

Following the continued plan of mixing spider stones on normal days at the gypsum, returning with those and extra gypsum to storage that is saved for Day of Summoners.

Bought some tiger furs, and as well spent time collecting them in NRM on the triple spawn. Those get used on Summon Day.

This has led to three summon levels since last update. Could have been more but also been focusing on other skills.



You advanced to level 67-69 of summoning!


Summoning 69




Slow Motion Potion


The 1 god I haven't focused as much on of the three I recently switched to is potion. The other two skills are really my priority at the moment, while Potion is more of a long-term plan.

Mixing SRs for summon stones has been the primary leveler. Though I did one school day when out of crafting supplies head to the potion school to finish off a level.




You advanced to level 113 of potioning!


Potion 113




Power Crafting


Polished Saps in the school, along with ring mixing for personal use (and sold some on my bot) were the start when I returned to this skill.

But I've reached a point where, even with pretty high fail rate, it's still cheaper and faster-exp/min to mix blank paper in the school on school day than it is polished saps.

So I've switched to that. Lots of wood stocking of late, and of course mixing of WEs... something I refused to mix when I was still working on my alch level, but now that I'm not caring about that I don't care what essies I mix. And it's made for another change of pace from past play.

But back on track: Crafting has gotten my heaviest attention, as of the 3 gods I just took, I expect it to be the first I in the distant future switch off.

Several school days where I fortunately had already stocked (mostly) for when they appeared led to many levels here.




You advanced to level 75-80 of crafting!


Crafting 80




Moving On


I do tend to do a lot of random stuff, to avoid the boredom of doing just the same planned thing all day, every day, but I do keep plans.

1- More wood and WE stocking to prep for school day.
2- Mixing LEs/SRs for stock to do more summon stones
3- Continuing to break other stuff on red astro (esp. via Tirnym)
    3a- With that, stocking up S2Es from PWs for distant future hydro runs
4- Various things to earn gc, since currently the only income other than random critter drops is selling the summon stones I mix. Need a bit more than that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.