Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another Alch, Another Craft, Another God

When I wasn't busy in real life, spent most of yesterday morning gathering ings and eventually making silver bars.

You advanced to level 105 of alchemy!

Alchemy Level 105

Turned those into silver medallions, which turned into moon medallions... really loving that moon meds are stackable now. Makes it so much simpler to make them in bulk, as opposed to sitting in the glac magic shop selling as I make them (like some do with leather helms at Trik) to reduce trips carrying them.

But anyway... You advanced to level 43 of crafting!

Crafting Level 43


New God and God Plans

Since my attack has gone higher than my defense (which it was under for many a level), I dropped the Attack god and switched to Defense. Not just for that reason... determined I'd get more OA experience boxing fluffies using Def than Att god as well. ;)

As for future plans... I'll be keeping the Def god for a while, most likely up to Def 100 or around there depending on how well it goes vs. my attack level.

I've decided to keep the Crafting god for the foreseeable future. Stacking moon meds removes at least one thing that made it such a pain to level. (All the WEs and silver bars being the other things, but those are unavoidable, and at least the silver bars give good alch experience as seen above, hehe.)

The Potion goddess... I've decided I'll keep her until I reach Potion 100. Considering Def and Craft gods, my only 2 non-enemy options left outside of potion are manufacturing and engineering. (Would have more options if the 3 missing Gods were in-game, but...)

So which to do? I decided I wasn't ready to go back to non-stop tossing gc in the leather helms pit, so I guess engineering it is. That's gonna be expensive to get though to get through the quests. I just may end up hanging on to the potion goddess for a few levels over pot 100 while I slowly gather/make all the stuff needed to do the quests.

So current gods: defense, crafting, potion
Planned switch: potion to engineering

Into the Arena

Ended up doing 2 trips to the ranging arena yesterday as well, using my mule of course to carry almost 1800 bolts per trip. Got the majority of my next level with those 2 trips. In fact, I'm only less than 3k away from my next level. I'd go finish it off but after I finish writing this I'll be afk a lot so not an option. Maybe later.


Nexus Buying

I'm starting to put some serious consideration into buying Nexus. As mentioned, I'm an all-rounder, and would like to be able to do everything possible, which means getting every possibly-needed nexus. I'm also not wasting any more OA pickpoints on them so... I still need:

- 4 Animal
- 3 Artificial
- 3 Magic

So I need 10 total. Which is 500 Hydro bars. Which is... a lot.

I could buy the bars. Make S2Es, sell them, buy bars. Or as a level 105 alcher, I could easily make those level 50 bars myself. That would mean making the S2Es, and doing hydro runs.

The hydro runs being the problem. As a non-pker, I avoid pk maps for any reason. Too many idiots in the game. But harving hydro means going into pk maps. Even though there's a good chance I can find times that there'll be no pkers around there, it still feels like going against every fiber in my being to do the hydro runs since it's the only harvable that requires going through pk maps.

Doesn't mean I won't end up doing them though. It would mean making a lot less S2Es, and a lot less reliance on others by having to both sell the S2Es and buy the bars. I went to the test server the other day and tried out the hydro run, seeing what I'd be facing environment-wise... smart move since seeing anyone there on the test server would have been highly unlikely, heh.

Dunno when I'll get around to trying this, and for obvious reasons (idiots can apparently read when they want to) won't announce it until after it's done.



Anyway, off to being mostly AFK for quite a while, harving what I can while doing so. Which won't be much, but better than getting nothing done at all.

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to not post this on your blog, but I'd like to give you some advice for hydroruns, seen as I'm someone that's close to a lot of PKers I would rather stay anonymous.

    1) As you probably know, the hydroharver hunters mostly camp on the first platform right outside the fluffy cave. Cast MI while you are in the fluff cave, and go outside. Do not mapwalk right away... if you do you will automatically walk straight towards where they like to camp. I stay as close to the right as possible myself. Only when the platform is completely out of my sight, I mapwalk to the next cave entrance. You have far more than enough a-d to fend off a summon if needed, so the only real danger is if you are being harmed, or cooldowned by a tigersummon. MI protects you from both, besides it's a bit of easy mag xp.

    2) As for the lava maze, just be ready to dis and tele to range. Alternative routes will make you lose a bit of time, but might just save you a trip to hell.

    3) I've found it to help to team up with another hydrorunner. 2 are not only able to see more, but they will make the PKer have to decide which way to go = crucial time wasted for him to strike.

    Lastly: A resource like hydrogenium was not placed in a map like Imbroglio for no reason. It is MEANT to be a challenge to get it, so a PKer that chases your tail is doing exactly what at one point was expected of him to do. If you can't beat them, outsmart them. There are ways, and I just gave you some basic hints, I'm sure you'll find other alternatives as you go along.

    It's no guarantee, but just to show the odds of actually running into someone: I have not seen a soul in the Imbro PK areas on either of my last hydrohauls (about 10 trips per session, and I did that at least 5 times).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally auto-reject messages without in-game name, but I went ahead and accepted the above one solely because it involves a sensitive situation in attempting to get through pk maps.



    I did a couple trips to the hydro on the test server, studied the path to it as well as the dangers involved. At this point, my only concern is the potential for pkers to be there.

    I gotta wonder just how sad a person's gameplay is that they'd sit there for extended periods hoping someone might happen to walk by, but I digress... fact is, there's just some not-so-bright people in the game and gotta live with that.


    Thanks for the tips on dealing with them though. I'll keep those in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.