Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Gods Must Be Crazy... Or Maybe I Am

I was working along, gathering ings for my next batch of S2Es. I looked at my future plans to see what I was going to work on next. And I realised something...

When you have gods, your focus tends to be more on the skills you have gods for. And that was keeping me from getting my other skills up faster than they were. It's a mindset thing. Even when I tried to work on my non-god skills, I somehow ended up doing a lot more in the god skills.

What adds to this thinking was that my 3 gods that I currently had were also the 3 skills that were my highest... alchemy, potion, defense.

So I decided... If I'm gonna be a real "all-rounder", I need to make a drastic change. And that's what I'm doing now.

The change? Kill all 3 gods and pick 3 completely different ones.

Not as easy as it sounded. After much decision-making, I only ended up changing 2. But even still, that's a huge change for something so spur-of-the-moment as this.

The two changes:
* Defense replaced with Attack
* Alchemy replaced with Magic

Defense to Attack was a no-brainer. These days my OAs come primarily from feros kicking, so I want to keep one of those gods at all times.

Taking Attack though helped force me to kick Alchemy, since those gods are enemies.

The original idea was to take Summoning. However, I knew I was going to want to play mana-drain games with bears to stock a load of furs before I hit the summoning stones. So I went with magic.

As for the third god, Potion, I ended up keeping it after consideration for a few reasons:

* I need at least 1 skill to focus on that is actually profitable. With Alch gone, Potion was the second option.
* I'll be making a motherload of SRs in the near future for summoning stones.
* The god I intended to replace it with, Engineering, is quite expensive and my gc isn't as high as I'd like it to be. Even attempting to make the majority of the needed god items would take way too long for this spur-of-the-moment change.

I still plan to replace Potion with Engineering, it just won't happen for a while.

So my new gods are (once I finish making the quest items I'm doing now): Potion, Attack, Magic

Magic to be replaced with Summoning once my summon level is enough that spider stones are a viable option.

Potion to be replaced with Engineering "one of these days"

And Attack... we'll see how my a/d training goes. No plan to change it for quite some time at least.


At any rate, this will start to drastically change my priorities around, and allow me to focus on things I hadn't focused on at all, or at least not in quite a long time.

The near future will be a lot of:
- AE making for mana draining
- mana draining bears and collecting their furs
- BRs to keep the gc income alive
- SRs to stock for summon stones
- LEs to stock for summon stones
- Kicking a lot more feros than I used to get the a/d as well as overall levels
- And of course, continued S2E making to buy nexus

Heh, see, even with my priorities changed, alchemy remains a heavy thing.


As for my other skills:
- Alchemy won't be focused on like it used to be, though it will keep leveling on its own due to constant bar and essie making for other stuff.
- Ranging will be a rare thing for the near future.
- All other non-god skills will continue to be occasionally leveled as I feel like it, for change of pace, whatever. Manu less so than the others, excepting the S2Es being made or other necessities.

- Overall - My goal for overall remains to be OA 141, which will give me enough pickpoints to have full 48/48 p/c. Wanted for the emu. May screw with my a/d training but I don't really care about that. The emu makes mixing and harving so much easier, heh.



So... back to work on magic and attack god quest items. Should have my gods switched within an hour or two. Probably crazy doing this, but sometimes a drastic change is needed, if anything to give something new to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.