Monday, July 13, 2009

A Weekend of Harv and Mix

Sometimes days without levels feels like nothing is actually being accomplished. But working on already-high skills takes time to get those.

Potioning for example... 2 million+ experience to get from 99 to 100. That's 20,000+ BRs alone. Obviously sitting and doing that many at once would be an exercise in boredom, so gotta mix in some other skills too. Split it up into partial-level goals and such.

To that end, I've gotten half a potion level this weekend.

Also mixed my hydro bars and bought my 4th Animal nexus. Just one more to go before I can start making summoning stones.

And to that end, I've already got the first 130+ S2Es made for the next hydro run.

Contemplating starting to work on another crafting level today, just to be different.


Also did the newest quest that was implemented in a server update this weekend. Interesting, different from previous quests. Radu added the ability to track killing specific creatures for quests and it was used for this quest, which made it very unlike any quest thus far. I think a lot could come from that bit of coding he did. (Kudos Radu, very good idea!)

Apparently lots of new NPCs in Desert Pines were added as well. I haven't gotten around to checking those out, but I will eventually. There seems to be a mad rush to go find them all as soon as they're added for some reason. Personally I think it's more interesting when you happen to stumble on them during the course of regular game play. Though I have eventually gone and searched them out before, like with the Palon Vertas new NPCs. I didn't go immediately, but eventually got around to it. The same will happen with these. I'm very "pro" these new NPCs as I think they're a good "fleshing out" of the game. It's just that, well, they're not going anywhere and neither am I, so I'll see and talk to them eventually.



Got another instance planned for this evening. Hopefully this one doesn't get cancelled as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.