Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The History of GoodDay2Die

This blog is started well into my gameplay, so a brief look at how I got to where I currently am:

Started playing around May 2008 I believe, not completely sure but around that time.

Decided I was going to be a "Jack of All Trades" as it seemed to be the way to get the most out of the game. So much to do rather than stuck doing the same thing all the time.

Despite that, I do have skills that have gotten a lot more attention than others. It's mostly a "gc" thing... some skills cost while others can make money when trying to "power-level" them.

I was in a guild at one time. I ran the guild Alchemy shop, and as a result spent most of my time harving and alching. Wasn't entirely unhappy with that, though I found myself more and more trying to get time to level other skills as well, and realising that as long as I ran the alch shop I'd never have as much time as I'd like for other skills.

Eventually left the guild because it was supposed to be a "no pk for any reason" guild, and a well-known PKer was allowed to join, albeit temporarily, as a guest. Temporary or not, a known PKer was walking around with "my" guild next to his name.

I am a non-pker, and refuse to be in a guild that's associated with pk in any way. So I left.

I've remained guildless since then. This leaves me with the freedom I prefer to be able to do what I want, work on whatever skill I want, and not have others affect my own personal reputation in the game.

I did a reset when I was at overall 86, because of some poor choices with perks. That was at the end of August 2008. I've since gotten my overall back and beyond (currently 116). I've remained perkless since the reset with the exception of 2 perks that after very long consideration were deemed okay.

One of the perks I killed with that was Godless. The big decision coming when Elandria, the Alchemy goddess, was added to the game. With her, I went from Alch level 70 up to 101, putting me in the top 50 alchemists in the game.

Besides her, I chose the magic and manufacturing gods. Magic served its purpose, getting my past magic 49, allowing for no-fail restore spells. I've switched it now for the newly-added Potion goddess.

Manufacturing god remains for now, as I've only slowly been working on that skill. The plan is to eventually replace it with Summoning.

Alchemy goddess is gone now, replaced with Attack as I haven't worked so hard on my attack/defense levels, being primarily a mixer.

Engineering and Tailoring remain my least-focused skills, primarily due to dung and my inability to harvest it myself. I buy it when I can, but that isn't a cheap option.

So, here's my skill levels (rank in parentheses) as of this posting:

Attack 77 (621)
Defense 79 (723)
Ranging 29 (45)
Magic 50 (601)
Summon 27 (287)
Harvest 85 (249)
Alchemy 101 (44)
Potion 85 (36)
Crafting 33 (695)
Manufacturing 59 (114)
Engineering 31 (156)
Tailoring 22 (127)

Mule shapeshifting: Level 2