Sunday, June 21, 2009

My First 80-100 Instance

Ended up finally giving the 80-100 instance a whirl today.

Oh my, that didn't go smoothly. :P

First problem: There was a map bug, had to go download a file to fix it. Took time to find the file, then download it, and install it. All the while the others were already fighting the first wave, and had started the second by the time I finally got it working.

Second problem: Though I got it working so I could actually walk around, and use the mini-map, anytime I clicked on TAB to get the main map, the client crashed. Grrrrr... so I spent the entire time walking around using the mini-map, with the big map open in a browser window so I could refer to it to get an idea of where I was going, hehe.

Third problem: We had six going in. But one had the same map problem and couldn't get it fixed, so had to leave. Leaving us with 5 people to get through it, including a first-timer like myself. :P

Fourth problem: I died during the second wave (chitros). And I forgot to bring my extra rostogols, so that left me with one more chance to die. Fortunately that was my only death, and Stannard loaned me a rosto in case I did.

Final problem: Between a lost rosto and a destroyed mirror cape, and bad drops, that was a bit of a loss...


Regardless, it was fun, and I'll be back in it again whenever I get a chance.


But here it is in what screenshots I remembered to take. Normally I'd not use thumbnails but since there's so many... click for full-size as always.

1) Ready to Enter



First wave was forest chims. I helped with a couple, but it was then I discovered the map bug and missed out on the rest up to...


2) Chitros (big imps)


3) Waiting for round three


4) Japita (big penguins)



5) Nasparliu (big phantom warriors)


6) heading to the final wave


7) The First Labagiu (big male orc)




8) And the Second/Final Labagiu



That's all folks! Back to the iron mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.