Friday, September 11, 2009

Harv and Mix, Plus Thinking Things Out

When actually doing stuff yesterday, it was harving and mixing for another round of 500 bears to mana drain (and do radiation shields between). That's 8k essies total so it takes a while to stock, heh.


Gives a lot of time to think... specifically, about the god changes I've been considering my past few posts, and their affect on my normal gameplay as well as skills.

On Removing the Attack God

Before I lose the attack god, I need to consider the effect on my training. I've been heavily relying on the attack god to keep my attack level close to my defense level. With attack god, I get close to the same attack experience as defense in my current training on feros.

Another player has told me they get about equal attack and defense on desert chims, and they have the defense god. However, that player is also 6-7 a/d levels above me, and has a different build attribute-wise.

If I didn't have either god and was able to get my levels/atts to a similar enough status, the possibility exists I'd get more att than def? That would actually not be a bad thing at all, since I'm still 1 att level lower than def. Doing that and even getting attack a level or 3 higher than defense wouldn't hurt, since I'll likely end up with defense god again at some point (for the OAs).

And of course, some training using a real weapon of some sort might help keep attack from going too far below defense. Last resort though, as I don't like that thought, and I'd have to plan training around others as I won't be one of those idiots that runs around hitting every spawn with a sword while others are trying to train "properly".

(I've only resorted to swords once since I started properly training, and that was before lions/armed orcs were adjusted and I went straight from ogres to cyclops. I went to the clops too soon, just to get away from the constant battles with other players over ogre spawns, and that required a sword. As people seem to hate training clops it wasn't a big deal though, since there were always free clops spawns, barring sun tzu.)

I won't be removing the attack god just yet. I still plan to, as I need to in order to better work on my lower-level skills, but

Pickpoints and Attributes

With the thoughts on training and dropping attack god, I've also been considering whether moving some pickpoints around would be a good idea.

Honestly haven't thought hard on this yet. I'm not a PKer so my pickpoints are best spent attribute-wise on a combination that works best for my current training level and mixing.

Mixing/Harving: EMU is the priority, with rationality a secondary factor. So high p/c and other points spent in reasoning and will.

Mana: Currently more than enough for what I do. Will works for me.

Training: Still 42/48 p/c. Decent reasoning.


I currently have 6 each for instinct and vitality. Dunno why I even put 2 pp's each on those.

My original plan was to not touch my pp's, instead all future OA pp's would be placed on physique until I was 48/48 p/c... which means I'd have 48/48 when I got to OA 141.

Contemplating changing that to: On OA 137, get 2 more physique. Use instinct/vitality removal stones to drop those back down to 4, and put them on physique to get 48/48 p/c sooner.

I think I can actually hear some of the pure fighters screaming about my attribute handling, hehe. But keep in mind (1) I don't PK, ever, I only train and that's mostly for OAs, and (2) My build takes mixing/harving and thus EMU into heavy consideration as I am an all-rounder.


Still got 4.7 million OA to go to mull that over, and no plans to a/d train so that'll take a while to get. And probably need 2-3 more a/d levels before removing the attack god...

If I do go with the removal stone option, dunno how I'll handle future OA pickpoints. Hadn't planned past 48/48. But they'll probably go on whatever will help keep my attack experience as close to defense experience as possible.



"The Other Skills"

I actually had a "very loose" plan that allowed for doing what I wanted, but helped ensure I got something done in every skill.

The plan actually was working quite well, was keeping my lower skills going, and I didn't have to follow it strictly (that would be boring). It served more as a reminder than a plan, actually.

However, I'm realising more and more, especially now as I think of God changes, that the Gods I currently have aren't factored into that plan.

I mean, I got the magic god, I should be doing as much magic as possible while I have him, so I can switch it to something else as soon as possible. Just an example.

So I'm rethinking my plans... this'll take a while. I want to keep all skills moving along (with the exception of ranging which is on temporary hold until maybe around the time my tailoring level catches up to it), with focus more on god-skills.

I don't plan training (a/d) into this, nor alchemy (it levels on its own as discussed in a previous post), nor harvest (not even trying to level it right now, it just happens when it happens). The plan is for all the other skills... mix, mix, mix, hehe.

Potion leveling may also be taken out of "the plan", once I get into the top 10 potioners and drop the god. I'll still be potioning, but a lot less intentional focus on it. I'll still be making tons of SRs for myself (for summoning, making stones) and to sell on my bot. As well, BRs when possible... "for the gc".

The "plan" also includes "non-skill" things like buying nexus (when to mix S2Es and such).

Working on that now, hopefully have something better to work with.


Meanwhile, back to mixing essies for the magic leveling... probably hit the bears again later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your EL name when responding!
Responses which do not include your EL name will be rejected.